The length of our colon is around 6 feet. However, we hardly pay attention to it unless it troubles us. For your information, colon plays a crucial role in our everyday life. That's the reason, we should take this matter into account.
Here are 7 effective ways gathered to keep your large intestine clean and healthy:
1) Include Vitamin C to your daily diet.
According to a research study in 2015, fruits and vegetables containing Vitamin C is quite helpful in cleansing colon. You can also try drinking juices of broccoli, strawberry, lemon, and kale smoothies for healthy a colon.
2) You can use probiotic supplements. Probiotics are nothing but beneficial bacteria that inhibit harmful bacteria, promote good digestion, and increase resistance to colon infection.
According to research reports, probiotics can also be used to treat and prevent colon cancer.
These "intestinal flora" boost up the immune function, reduce inflammation, thereby improving excretion of congested bowel movement.
Probiotics are widely found in fermented foods. For instance, apple cider vinegar, Greek yogurt, kimchi, kombucha, and cheese like Gouda, Mozzarella, etc. contain high-level probiotics.
3) Next is the resistant starch. You must either take it as a supplement or get them from foods like green bananas, raw oats, cashew, etc. These are responsible for keeping your colon healthy by stimulating “good” bacteria.
A report from 2013 shows that an intake of high quality resistant starches reduces the possibility of colon cancer.
4) Drink lots of water. This regulates your digestion process.
Constipation usually happens due to low fluid level in the body. So, keep yourself hydrated by drinking at least 1.5 to 2 litres of water per day.
Drinking fruit juice or vegetables with high water content is another alternative to fulfill your fluid requirement. Fruits and vegetables like strawberry, melon, cucumber, carrot, tomato, etc. are some examples.
- Make it a daily routine to eat high-fiber content foods. Green peas, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, and raspberries etc. are some of the high-fiber foods to keep your colon fit and healthy.
Researches say that there is direct relation between high-fiber food intake and lower risk of colon cancer. Again, high -fiber food feeds the "good" intestinal bacteria that promote smooth digestion and prevents irritable bowel syndrome with reduced inflammation.
High-fiber meals are also helpful in improving other digestive disorders like ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
6) Green tea or any other herbal tea is very effective for a healthy digestion via colon. As per the research done by Australian researchers, herbal teas are beneficial for lowering the risk of colon cancer.
Aloe Vera, psyllium, marshmallow roots are some instances of laxative herbs that reduce constipation.
However, you might be allergic to anybody these herbs. So, before using any of these herbs, consult with your doctor.
7) Lastly, drink saltwater flush. It is one of the best and proven ways of cleansing colon as well as detoxing your body. Also, it helps to treat chronic constipation.
A study from 2010 states that saltwater works more effectively if you drink it in certain yoga postures.
You can try this out daily morning before breakfast. Take a glass of moderately warm water and stir two teaspoons of Himalayan salt or sea salt into it. Then quickly drink it. Follow the process in the evening as well.
Well, did you know or try any of these tips before? Do you have other simpler ways to keep your colon clean? Write it to us in the comments below!